Monday, April 12, 2010

The Last Two Days.......

On Saturday, I went to see my child hood friend Janice who has brain cancer. Its a miracle she is still here with us, while at the same time, it is very sad as she isn't at all the woman I have known just about my entire life. She cant remember one minute to the next second. Her speech is sometimes unrecognizable. Much of the time she is sleeping, completely exhausted.They (Janice & family) are going down a road none are prepared for. I will go over every Saturday and try to share a few laughs and talks with Janice and her family. To be there for them, in any way is what I want to do and do my best to be I will.

On Sunday, I went to Courtney's Confirmation. I have known Courtney her whole life.
I remember the day she was born. To be there to share in the celebration of Courtney receiving the Spirit of the Holy Ghost was very special. There were family & friends
a Aunt who flew in from S.C. Kids running around playing and laughing. Plenty of good food, catching up with others, sharing stories and experiences, lots of good stuff. Last night I was thinking of the things I did this wkend and it hit me, the contrast in the two days. Though, I felt taken back a bit by it, it is the way things are going and to accept it all is something I am Blessed to be able to do.
Both days the sun was shining, and the day was beautiful.

1 comment:

sweetnika said...

isn't it strange how stark, and contrasting life can be.. how black and white, how hot and cold... death and life... yes.. very hard to wrap our finite minds around... or perhaps we wrap them, but its our hearts that get all muddled... and torn up..
(((hugs)))
U R LOVED!!!!!!!
keep writing dear...