Saturday, November 15, 2008

AH GEE .....

The Mom in me wants to fix it.
My 12 yr old Thomas didn't make the school basket ball team and he was pretty bummed out. Thomas lights the court up. Which is why we couldn't believe he didn't make the team. On the ride home I found myself telling Thomas the story of his brother Sonny and his high school B Ball experience. Through out high school Sonny tried out for B Ball but never made the team. A few minutes into our conversation I could see Thomas was really listening and interested. I went on to tell him that his brother kept trying out, never giving up. How Thomas friends reacted to him not being chosen was the same way Sonny's friends reacted. They could not believe it. Sonny and his friends knew EVERY place to go and play B Ball. Out doors, indoors, be it day or night they knew where there was an open court. Oh Boy and I didn't forget to mention "The Hoop Up" competition's. Also when Sonny went to college, he coached B Ball teams. When Sonny graduated college how he landed a position as Athletic Director. I went on & on. By the time I was finished telling these stories, Thomas whole mood had shifted to remembering he is on his school P.T.O. Basket ball team(students from the same school play each other) and now Thomas was asking me to see when it is registration time @ St.Anthony's for B Ball, where Thomas has played all sports offered since first grade.
So I didn't make "the school team" but I still play for the "P.T.O. and St.Anthony's", right Mom. Hey Mom when is wrestling sign up ???
I think the boy is feeling better about himself............
and I know his Big Brother is a excellent example.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.