Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh No, Not AGAIN

I cannot believe it.
Today there was ANOTHER BOMB threat in our local high school.
Last wk there were THREE BOMB threats in the same school.
Needless to say these threats are taken VERY seriously, as well as VERY scary.
I have a teenage son in this school and it is very hard to send him off each morning while this is happening. Yes, there are the endless talks about " if you see someone or something that doesn't seem right report it to an adult in the building. "
I cannot just chalk it off as nothing but an empty threat, how could anyone when there has been tragedy in other schools across our country from this kind of action.
I find myself thinking WHO would do something like this. It is then my memory starts flooding in news clips of other schools where the unspeakable happens as a result of this kind of action. Each time a threat has been found, the Police are called in, the entire school is emptied, the Police and their K9's begin the search. Thankfully each time nothing has been found, the school is deemed SAFE by the Police and the students and staff are able to enter the building.
Hopefully before anyone gets hurt (and or) these threats continue they find the student or students who are responsible,
WAIT - HOLD ON - I HAVE TO BACK UP HERE........
Did I just say the student or students ????
that was way off, I should have and meant to say ...
hopefully they find the person or persons who are leaving these threats,
get them the help they need and let our lives go back to "normal" without the thoughts of DAILY BOMB THREATS in our local schools.
You just don't know who it could be.

No comments: